Pages

Washington Here I Come

Eva and I have enjoyed three days together celebrating our anniversary in Portland, Oregon, and the time has come for me to cross the border into Washington. I will walk across the bridge over the Columbia River at Cascade Locks, which is the lowest point on the Pacific Crest Trail, and begin a steep climb back into the mountains. In the first 12 miles, I will climb almost 5,000 feet. The next 500 miles will be some of the most remote portions of the PCT and my five resupply stops will be in very small towns, some just mountain passes with very limited services. One of the towns, Stehekin, has no road access, phone, or internet services. You can only get there by boat, floatplane or hiking. There is one satellite phone at the general store.

I am excited to be hiking again, but also excited to be so close to the completion of this amazing adventure. I'm beginning to imagine just what it will be like to stand at the border of Canada, sign the final trail register, take a picture at the monument and walk the final 8 miles into Canada where my journey ends at Manning Park. After that, it will be just a few days, and I'll be home!

Thanks for following along and sharring so mamy positive comments and encouraging notes. It is a blessing to have such amazing friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!