Pages

Trout Lake

I'm in the tiny town of Trout Lake. It's a 13 mile hitch from the trail on a road with very little traffic. It took me an hour to finally get a ride. The person who gave me a ride was only going to take me half way (his destination), but after we got talking he changed his mind and graciously took me all the way to town. I had a resupply box at the general store and they had one bed still available in the two rooms above the store. $10 bucks for a bed, bath and laundry! Let's hope the two guys I'm bunking with don't snore!

I've arranged a ride back to the trail at 8am tomorrow with a local trail angel. Three other hikers are joining me on the ride back and are sharing the $15 donation. 

I've completed 2,238 miles with only 431 miles to go! I'm thinking September 17th might be the day I finish!

It's 9:15pm and I'm ready for bed. I've had a huge dinner and I'll grab breakfast at the cafe in the morning before I leave. I'm trying not to lose anymore weight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!