Pages

1,912 Miles!

This is Shelter Cove Resort on Odell Lake. I was up at 5:15am and hiking by 6:00am. I hiked 26 miles to reach the resort by 5pm. By 8:30pm I had eaten 3,000 calories, showered, washed my clothes, sorted my resupply box, charged my phone, chatted with Eva by text, and setup my tent to get ready for bed. It was a very productive day! I'm only 245 miles from the border of Washington. I'll be there on August 20th. 

A train track runs right by Lake Odell and it seems strange to be in this setting and hearing trains at night.

Along with some yummy food supplied in my resupply box, Eva also included a newspaper. It might be slightly outdated, but I am still looking forward to sitting at a picnic table, eating breakfast and reading the paper. It doesn't get any better than this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!