Pages

It's All Downhill From Here

Ok, that's not exactly true... There is plenty of up and down still to come, especially in Washington, but it is true that I'll never be higher for the rest of the trail. The high point of the entire trail is Forester Pass in California in the High Sierra @ 13,153 feet. 

Just past the OR/WA high point I found some shade and enjoyed a lunch of crackers, cheese, beef stick, and plenty of candy! I'm hiking a 16 mile waterless section of the trail and will be at the next water source, a spring, for dinner. I may camp there or hike a few more miles before quitting for the day. 

There are a number of thru-hikers in this section that I have never met before. It may be because I'm hiking faster and more miles on a consistent basis or it might be because there are many hikers who hitch hiked around the fires in northern California and southern Oregon. I'm thankful I didn't have to do that and have been able to stay on trail except for the burn areas in Southern California from fires in 2013. 

Keep calm and hike on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!