It's been raining the past two days with thunder storms in the afternoons. My rain gear is working great and I'm staying dry while I continue to hike. It's a nice change of pace and the rain keeps the dust down. I'm inside my tent right now listening to the rain, organizing my food for the next two days and getting ready for the big push to Cascade Locks at the border of Washington. I took a short 1.5 mile detour from the trail this afternoon to grab a burger at the Elk Lake Resort. I met quite a few campers staying at the resort who were very interested in the PCT. I had plenty of company for dinner sharing trail stories and when it started raining AGAIN, I decided to stay in the campground at the lake rather than returning to the trail. I'm 10 miles ahead of schedule so I hung out at the resort until there was a break in the rain and then ran to my campsite and quickly set up and stowed my gear in my tent. I found a 5 gallon bucket to wash my socks and feet and poured a bucket of water over my head. It wasn't exactly a warm shower, but it was refreshing for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing!