Pages

So Much Rain

Have I mentioned it rains in Washington? Since leaving White Pass it has rained four of the last five days. The day began with heavy fog and mist. It sprinkled on and off most of the day. Basically it rained whenever I stopped to filter water or eat. Around 3pm it started raining hard and by the time I reached my destination, Mirror Lake, it was pouring. It rained hard all night and I reminded God a few times that He promised not to destroy the earth again with a flood.

I set up my tent in the rain and I still haven't figured out how to keep the inside dry because the tent is setup in two stages: first the tent body, which is NOT waterproof, and then the rain fly that goes over the body. It takes a minute or two to set up the body and stake it out before the rain fly goes on. In just that short time the body gets very wet when it's pouring. There has to be a better way.

So...me, my clothes, and my gear are wet. Some more than others, but nothing is dry and while I'll survive the night, I'm glad tomorrow I'll be at Snoqualmie Pass, where I can dry everything out. I also look forward to eating at the restaurant, taking a shower and getting my resupply box that Eva mailed to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!